Contactor – 4 Circuit, 120VAC, 40 amp
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH RCS4 – The 40 Amp, 120VAC, 4 Circuit Contactor allows our previous Remote Cut Off Switch to control up to 4 branch circuits. This contactor is valid for our Cut off switches from 2015 and prior. If you would like a contactor for our current remote cutoff switch then please click here.
Out of stock
40-Amp 4 Circuit Contactor
- High Quality ABB Contactor (Noiseless – Hum free)
- Allows for multiple circuit control with 1 Remote Control Cut Off Switch
- Up to 4 Branch circuits per contactor
- For use only with the Remote Control Cut Off Switch
- Mounts on Standard DIN rail – not included
Recommended Circuit Configuration:
- Four – 15 Amp circuits (Resistive Load Only)
- Four – 20 Amp circuits (Resistive Load Only)
- Any combination of four 15 and 20 amp circuits (Resistive Load Only)
- Consult with your local electrician for proper application
Contactor Technical Details
- Normally Closed
- 4 Pole – 4 individual contactors allowing for control of 4 branch circuits
- 120 VAC coil voltage – used as the trigger
- Rated 40 amps per contactor – Resistive Current Load (Incandescent Lights, electric heater)
- Rated for 24 amps per contactor – Reactive Current Load (Motors)
Inductive loads use magnetic fields (i.e., wire wound coil), as in a furnace, air conditioning unit, or blender. The general rule is, if it moves, it is probably an inductive load, which pulls a large amount of current (inrush current) when it is first energized. But after a few cycles or seconds, the current settles down to a steady state. This steady state is typically the wattage rating you see on the product label. The peak wattage, which occurs with the inrush current, is normally found in the owner’s manual.
Resistive loads convert current into other forms of energy, such as heat. Hair dryers and heaters typically create resistive loads, characterized by not having large inrush currents. The wattage ratings of resistive loads can be taken at face value and are exactly as indicated on their labels.
40 Amp Contactor: Qty=1